IMASMA offers several levels of membership:
IMASMA welcomes as Standard/Affiliate members anyone who works within or has an interest in the maritime industry and how it markets, sells and communicates. This type of individual membership does not require an individual to demonstrate experience or qualifications and allows access to web resources, email alerts and certain discounts. Read more about Standard/Affiliate Membership.
To apply for Associate Membership of IMASMA an individual must demonstrate experience or qualifications in maritime business, sales, marketing or public relations. They are also expected to abide by the IMASMA Code of Conduct for individual members. Once accepted Associate Members may use the letters AIMASMA, and will be given a Member profile on the IMASMA website together with permission to use the IMASMA logo on personal communications. The cost of annual Associate Membership is GBP75.00. Read more about Associate Membership.
Fellowship of IMASMA is restricted to senior maritime business, sales, marketing or public relations practitioners who can demonstrate both qualifications and significant experience. They are also expected to abide by the Code of Conduct for individual members. Once accepted Fellows may use the letters FIMASMA. The cost of annual Fellowship of IMASMA is GBP125.00. Read more about Fellowship of IMASMA.
Companies may apply for Corporate Membership if they have at least one staff member in Associate Membership of IMASMA and agree to the IMASMA Code of Conduct for corporate members. Corporate Members of IMASMA are permitted to use the IMASMA logo and benefit from their company profile in the IMASMA supplier directory. Annual fees for Corporate Membership vary according to company size. Read more about Corporate Membership of IMASMA.
Who should join IMASMA?
The following examples are an indication of the types of individuals who can benefit from membership of IMASMA.
- Anyone with management responsibility for sales, communications and/or marketing within companies active in the maritime market including Managing Directors, CEOs, CMOs and COOs and companies considering maritime market entrance
- Marketing, Web, PR and Advertising agencies working with or considering working for maritime clients
- Sales & Marketing Directors and Managers looking to improve and broaden their knowledge and skills, advance their careers, network with and learn from their peers
- The maritime media: websites, publications and event producers, freelance maritime journalists and editors
- Maritime recruitment and selection companies, interim sales and marketing directors/managers
- Maritime market research, sales and marketing consultants
- Marketing and sales product and service suppliers wishing to meet and develop a presence in the maritime supplier market