Associate Membership of IMASMA is a badge of professionalism signifying an individual’s experience and expertise in maritime business, sales, marketing, public relations, communications and maritime journalism. It signifies to employers, colleagues and clients that an individual is committed to professional development and confers the right to use the letters AIMASMA and the IMASMA logo. Associate Members are required to agree to abide by the IMASMA Individual Code of Conduct. Details of the Association’s Disciplinary Regulations may be found here.
In order to be eligible for Associate Membership individuals must demonstrate the following:
A graduate Diploma or equivalent qualification in marketing, business, public relations, journalism or sales together with a minimum of 1 year’s experience at the time of application either
- in a sales, marketing, business development or public relations/communications role within the maritime industry
- within a marketing, advertising, PR or communications agency working on maritime business
- as an independent Sales, Marketing, PR or Communications Consultant working with maritime clients or on maritime business
- as a sales, marketing, business development PR or communications executive within a maritime media organisation
- as a maritime search and selection consultant
- as a maritime journalist either affiliated or freelance
- as a maritime event or conference organiser
OR, 5 years experience in one of the above capacities.
Individuals will be required to submit a CV in support of their application.
Once approved as an Associate Member by the IMASMA Advisory Committee you will be entitled to a range of benefits including:
- Use of the letters AIMASMA
- Permission to use the IMASMA logo on personal communications, on-line profiles and applications
- A Member Profile (250 words including photograph and hyperlink) on the IMASMA website
- Invitation to join the IMASMA Executive Research panel
- Speaking opportunities at IMASMA and partner company events
- Access to exclusive IMASMA hospitality and networking events
- Free of charge whitepapers
- Access to market and industry research both free and discounted
- Subscription to the IMASMA e-magazine ‘Sea-Suite’
- Email alerts as requested
- Recruitment and networking opportunities
- Free legal advice
- Discounts on a range of conferences (including MSM maritime sales and marketing conference)
- Discounts on training with approved companies and suppliers
All membership benefits may be added to, amended or removed from time-to-time once appropriate notice has been given.
The annual cost of Associate Membership of IMASMA is GBP75.00 which will be invoiced upon acceptance.