In order to join IMASMA as a Corporate Member companies and organisations are required to agree to abide by the following IMASMA Corporate Code of Conduct. IMASMA reserves the right to amend or modify any terms within the Code. The IMASMA Corporate Code of Conduct can also be downloaded as a pdf document here.
The organisation will:
- Strive to represent its products & services transparently in all communications and avoid misleading and deceptive promotion or advertising.
- Take note of and adhere to all appropriate local laws and regulation governing the running of campaigns across all marketing, sales and communications disciplines.
- Acknowledge its social obligations to vulnerable groups in the promotion, sales and communication of information, products and services in the maritime sector.
- Ensure its professional marketing, sales & communications activities are conducted by persons with appropriate training, qualifications and experience.
- Ensure that its distributors and supply chain wherever possible are encouraged to comply with the same ethics and professional standards.
- Consider environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility in the execution of marketing and sales activities.
- Support sales, marketing & communications professionals within their organisation in their continuing professional development wherever possible and practical.
- Protect the commercial confidentiality and individual privacy of those with whom it deals.
- Treat customers, clients, colleagues, competitors and the wider industry with respect. Be ready to assist other IMASMA members whenever possible.
- Encourage creativity and innovation in the development and execution of their sales, marketing and communications activities
Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary measures being instigated. The IMASMA Disciplinary Regulations are available as a separate document.