In order to join IMASMA as an Associate or Fellow individuals are required to agree to abide by the following IMASMA Individual Code of Conduct. IMASMA reserves the right to amend or modify any terms within the Code. The Code of Conduct can also be downloaded as a pdf document here.
The individual will:
- Represent Products & Services transparently in all communications and avoid misleading and deceptive promotion or advertising.
- Take note of and adhere to all local laws and regulation governing the running of campaigns across all marketing, sales and communications disciplines.
- Acknowledge social obligations to vulnerable groups in the promotion, sales and communication of information, products and services in the maritime sector.
- Avoid conflicts of interest and strive for transparency.
- Balance the needs of individuals, clients, customers, suppliers and their professional activities, deal openly and honestly at all times.
- Encourage and strive for creativity and innovation in their professional activities.
- Protect the reputation and integrity of the marketing, sales and communications professions and the maritime industry.
- Protect the commercial confidentiality and individual privacy of those with whom they deal.
- Treat customers, clients, colleagues, competitors and the wider industry with respect. Be ready to assist other IMASMA members whenever possible.
- Strive to continue their professional development via training, qualifications and conferences.
Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary measures being instigated. The IMASMA Disciplinary Regulations are available as a separate document.