These Standard Membership Terms and Conditions apply where You choose to register as a Standard Member of IMASMA. By clicking “Join IMASMA” to register You consent to these Standard Membership Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change or update these Standard Membership Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any revisions to these Standard Membership Terms and Conditions will be notified to You via email.
If You do not agree to these Standard Membership Terms and Conditions, then You SHOULD NOT register as a Member.
Description of Standard Membership
As a Standard IMASMA Member, You can take advantage of many IMASMA services including this website free of charge. IMASMA reserves the right to create premium, paid-for content on its site in the future.
As a Standard Member you will have access to all free IMASMA benefits including:
- Use of the website
- Use of free whitepapers
- Use of free research
- Free professional advice where available as a member benefit
- Discounts on products and services where stated as a member benefit
- Inclusion in the IMASMA member Directory (NB, inclusion in any company supplier directories will be at additional charge)
- Participation in surveys
- Receive the IMASMA e-magazine
- Business networking programmes
By agreeing to a Standard membership with IMASMA You warrant that:
- All information and details provided by You to IMASMA are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times.
- You will comply with these Standard Membership Terms and Conditions including, without limitation, the restrictions relating to Acceptable Use
- You agree to indemnify and hold IMASMA harmless from any claim or damages (including any legal fees in relation to same) made by a third party in respect of any matter in relation to or arising from Your use and Membership arising from any breach or suspected breach of these Standard Membership Terms and Conditions by You or Your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
To ensure compliance with these Standard Terms and Conditions for Membership, and to comply with any enforcement agency, police request or complaints we require that you do not
- use the Site to conduct any fraudulent or business activity or have more than one Member Account at any time.
- say or do anything that would cause annoyance, inconvenience, harassment or needless anxiety to others;
- use foul, threatening or offensive language including, without limitation, racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic or sexually explicit language where inappropriate;
- make insulting remarks to or about other Members;
- distribute illegal, copyright infringing, indecent or offensive material or any messages or content that may incite disorder,
- encourage illegal activities that causes or may cause harm to minors;
- impersonate another person or Member
- The content of this site and content of sites linked to from this site are provided ‘as is’, without warranties of any kind.
- The content and materials that can be accessed from linked sites are not maintained by IMASMA and we are not responsible for them.
- Any reference to a linked site or third party by name does not constitute or imply its endorsement by us, and you assume all risk with respect to its use.
- Under no circumstances shall IMASMA, its partners, agents and suppliers be liable for any damages arising out of the use or inability to use the materials in this site or any linked site, even if we are advised of the possibility thereof, nor for any claim by a third party.
- You agree to use this site for lawful purposes only.
- You shall not copy, modify, distribute or in anyway exploit copyrighted or proprietary materials available in this site, except as expressly permitted by the respective owner(s).
- Use of any software available for downloading from the site is governed by the terms of the license agreement accompanying the software.
- All trademarks, service marks, and trade names in this site are the marks of the respective owner(s), and any unauthorised use is prohibited.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold IMASMA and our partners harmless from any claims, losses, damages and expenses arising from your use of the site.
Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Rights
Your use of the Site grants no rights to You in relation to copyright, trade marks or other of IMASMA’s intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of third parties. You may not, without limitation, copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, communicate to the public, or otherwise use the content included in or provided via the Site except for Your own personal, non-commercial use. Subject to the above, You may download insubstantial excerpts of this content to Your hard disk for the purpose of viewing it provided that no more than one copy of any information is made.
Limitation of Liability
- Whilst IMASMA will use all reasonable effort to correct any errors or omissions swiftly once they have been brought to IMASMA’s attention, IMASMA does not warrant that the Site will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition nor that the information on and provided via the Site will be free from errors or omissions.
- Access to this Site and its contents may be suspended from time to time without notice in the case of system failure, necessary maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond IMASMA’s control.
- IMASMA does not make any representation or give any warranty in respect of the Site or its content, including, without limitation information provided by or regarding other Members, Standard or otherwise. IMASMA cannot vet all Member profiles and entries to ensure that they are appropriate or correct. IMASMA will however endeavor to review all profiles updated onto the Site by Members in random order, check messages where certain keywords are triggered and monitor other exchanges in from time to time to ensure compliance with all IMASMA’s Standard Terms and Conditions of Membership and the law.
- IMASMA does not give any warranty as to the accuracy, suitability, reliability, completeness, performance, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or freedom from viruses, or other harmful programs of the content contained in or accessed through this Site.
- Any decision made or action taken by You on the basis of information provided on or via the Site is at Your sole discretion and risk. IMASMA will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential losses and whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising in connection with any use by You or other Members that is in contravention of these Standard Membership Terms and Conditions.
IMASMA reserves the right to take the following action at its discretion and without explanation
- suspend or terminate a Standards Member’s membership without notice or explanation at any time;
- remove any Member profile (including all text, sound & imagery) that, in INMASMA’s sole discretion may be inappropriate or IMASMA suspects to be illegal, in violation of these Standard Membership Terms and Conditions, or where required to do so by law;
- issue Members with written warnings and may take such further action as deemed appropriate
- bring legal action against a Member or other user of the Site in relation to any breach of these Standard Membership Terms and Conditions or any illegal or suspected illegal activity or inform the appropriate authorities and provide them with information regarding any suspected illegal activity
- IMASMA shall not be liable for any failure for any suspension, or termination of access to the Site or any content arising out of a force majeure event.
- If any of these Standard Membership Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of law then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms so that the remaining terms shall survive in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These Standard Membership Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England.
Complaints and Feedback
- If You have any complaints about another Member or any aspect of the Site or if You have any questions or would otherwise like to provide any other feedback, then You can contact IMASMA by emailing, or writing to IMASMA.
IMASMA third party hyperlink policy
External hyperlink approval should be passed onto the IMASMA web team for acceptance and assessment. All links will open up into a separate window and not within the frameset of IMASMAs’ sites. This is to prevent any inference that IMASMA approves or has any business or ownership rights relating to the third party site. Members must seek permission from logo owners before providing logo artwork for upload to the IMASMA site.
No links will be given to sites that include or promote the following:
- Any criminal activity
Hyperlink disclaimer notice:
Please note that hyperlinks are given for information purposes only and there is no inferred recommendation as to the companies listed on the IMASMA site. IMASMA does not take any responsibility for the quality of service these organisations provide.
IMASMA will reserve the right to remove any hyperlinks at any time without prior consultation with third parties.
Collection of data
IMASMA is committed to respecting the personal data you supply to us. The information we collect will be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used and we will do our utmost to ensure that such data will be accurate, complete and kept up to date. Whenever personal data is obtained from you, you will have access to information as to how that data will be used.
IMASMAs will record your basic business and personal contact details when you register. We use this information to understand your requirements and to inform you about our products and services and occasionally products and services from third parties which we deem to be relevant or with whom we have service agreements.
The data you supply to IMASMA is held and processed electronically. If you cease your membership of the Association we will continue to hold your data. The measure is taken to ensure we do not invite you to join, should you resign from membership. It also facilitates the registration of those who wish to rejoin after a lapsed period. Some of this data will, after seven years, be placed in our archived records.
IMASMA will not sell your personal data, but may on occasion rent out its mailing list to organisations offering goods or services considered to be of benefit to our members, such as executive search companies or major management publications. These sales are strictly monitored, but if you object to such use, please inform the Association by emailing email@example.com so that your details are not rented out in this way.
Where we pass your data to others for purposes such as these, or to enable us to meet our obligations to you (for example, sending you an Association magazine or mailing), it is always under a contract which prohibits the data from being used for any other purpose than that for which it was released, and which requests the data to be destroyed after use.
Your name, contact details and other relevant details will be shared with other members via the online Members directory, for networking activities or to form special interest groups.
If at any time you believe that IMASMA has not adhered to the principles set out above, please notify us by email. Any complaints of member conduct or breaches of the terms and conditions set out above should be addressed in writing to the Membership Services Manager. All complaints will be investigated and any use constituting an abuse of these regulations could result in termination of membership of the Association.
We may use the information you provide to assist us with database profiling. This is aimed at improving the quality of products and services offered to you.
IMASMA uses data for testing purposes to ensure that its IT system for processing that data is working properly.
IMASMA respects your data and has taken appropriate measures to ensure we have mitigated against such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data.
Cancellation of Membership
You may cancel your membership of IMASMA at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org